Here are a few ideas:
1) Make it a web service call.
2) Depending on the security needed, a stored procedure (SQL) call might
3) Use a "remote command" tool. There's one in IBM i Access, plus the
RExec protocol is available. (These should only be used in a very
4) The SSH tool is available (and much more secure) and can be used for
5) The FTP server has a remote command capability. (Again, I'd be
careful about this due to security implications.)
There are probably other ways, too.
On 10/23/2012 4:52 PM, Rpglist wrote:
We have a need to have a user on the network be able to fire off a program on the 400 but has to be able to do this from a pc, any suggestions on where to start?
Sent from my iPhone
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2014 by MIDRANGE dot COM and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available here. If you have questions about this, please contact