Here are a few ideas:
1) Make it a web service call.
2) Depending on the security needed, a stored procedure (SQL) call might
3) Use a "remote command" tool. There's one in IBM i Access, plus the
RExec protocol is available. (These should only be used in a very
4) The SSH tool is available (and much more secure) and can be used for
5) The FTP server has a remote command capability. (Again, I'd be
careful about this due to security implications.)
There are probably other ways, too.
On 10/23/2012 4:52 PM, Rpglist wrote:
We have a need to have a user on the network be able to fire off a program on the 400 but has to be able to do this from a pc, any suggestions on where to start?
Sent from my iPhone