Re: SQL stmt to load a commonly used date format

fixed

On 19 Oct 2012 14:42, Stone, Joel wrote:
I have a 6 character field named "todaysDate" that I want to load
with today's date using SQL.

The stmt below works well, but one would think that there should be a
much simpler stmt to load a commonly used date format.

Is there a simpler SQL stmt?

update myFile
set todaysDate = right(replace(char(current date,iso),'-',''),6)

Not sure about "simpler", but more succinct...
Try the following [sorry, I can not test\verify its efficacy]:

update myFile
set todaysDate=Varchar_Format(NOW(),'YYMMDD')

Links to the documentation for the two scalar functions utilized:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafzscanow.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafzscavarcharformat.htm