On 2012-10-18, at 5:05 PM, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I suppose that one pro for using DB defined constraints is that you use a fairly simple declarative syntax as opposed to program logic. While we generally limit DB inserts and updates to a single RPG I/O module per table, I suppose that another pro for DB defined constraints is that they apply to any other interface that shops may chose to update the DB.

What about other pros and cons?

<vendor>

Come to the Summit in Minneapolis next week Nathan and I'm sure that Mike Cain, Kent Milligan, Paul Tuohy, and others will be more than happy to help you build your list! <grin>

</vendor>

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com