On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Vernon Hamberg
<vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll still go with the callback term - I could even say that the called
party is calling back to someone known to the calling party. It does
seem to get a bit precious, however, and the traditional understanding
works for me, although I hear what you are saying.

I'm not going to stop using the term "callback" either. It's here to
stay, for sure. But to me it's just an arbitrary name for a
particular programming construct. Another piece of technical jargon.

John