Re: Callback

fixed

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:21 AM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Vernon Hamberg
<vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now another API is readdir() - this one returns a structure for the NEXT
item it finds in the directory - so YOU have to run this in a loop until
no more objects are found. The first API itself contains the processing
loop - that first API seems to fit the idea, again, of the use of
callback functions or programs. Pretty neat!

Neat, yes. Callback? I don't see it. I think you have conflated the
repetitiveness with the callback concept.

Hmm... perhaps I misread you. Maybe you are saying that readdir()
indeed does NOT involve callbacks at all, and were specifically trying
to highlight the difference between Qp0lProcessSubtree() (which takes
a callback, and uses that callback in a loop) and readdir() (which
does not, and you have to do the loop yourself).

Sorry if my previous response misconstrued what you were trying to say.

John