Matt Olson wrote:
It's things like this just make me shake my head. It's 2012 IBM!

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:07 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Now, you can reply back on how any decent language should have this, that
or the other thing. And that might make for some interesting watercooler
talk around the office. However, if you want IBM to actually DO something
about it - request it.

To be fair, Matt didn't say he actually wanted anything done. His
comment, taken at face value, expresses amazement, period. I think
most CL programmers have either not needed this (since *TCAT and *BCAT
handle many of the use cases of %TRIM) or have been working around it
by using RPG or some other language whenever string handling gets past
a certain threshold of complexity. So I think an observer can be just
as incredulous at the fact that IBM *did* bother to allocate resources
putting this in, this late in the game.