The message ID for the traceroute on the system I (same for first 3 hops)

Message ID . . . . . . : TCP3262

Date sent . . . . . . : 10/17/12 Time sent . . . . . . : 09:13:13

Message . . . . : 1 * * *

Cause . . . . . : For hop 1 no response was received within the specified

time to probes 1 to 3.

Yes the 249 address shows up in netstat 50757 telnet 000:16:21 Established 50760 telnet 000:15:58 Established

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:54 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: connection issue

"bombs out" is a bit techie for me. Could you simplify that by telling me
the error message id and any reason codes or such stuff that you get?

Does that new IP address show up in NETSTAT?

Rob Berendt
IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E