The countdown clock on the i is a tad over two weeks, so this issue
may not be worth spending any time trying to resolve.

I am wondering how a spool file to a device can go to SAV without
printing. This happened twice last week.

Could be something wrong with the printer, I guess. But, I watched it
yesterday and no issues. I changed the activation timer from the
default of 170 to 300 a few minutes ago, thinking that the printer had
gone to sleep when the spool file was sent and somehow that was enough
to have the output get discarded.

System has not had PTFs applied in years. Just wondering if this is
an issue that IBM fixed years ago and out sa was too uninvolved to
deal with.

How else could a spool file go from RDY to SAV and not be printed?

John McKee