Dieter,

Regarding Squirrel:

We have the required JDBC driver and user installed in the i5 but, for
reasons only known to the Oracle DB, we haven't been able to get the
authorization to use it in the developer's PCs. I am somewhat of a fan of
Squirrel, and use it for querying our i5's DB2 database.

About data conversions:
I had already thought about "CASTing" everything to CHAR, but thought it
wasn't a very elegant solution (and the easy way out!!) so have decided to
stick (as most as I can) to the original ORACLE record definition and
convert it afterwards to our own record def. (for instance, in SAP/Oracle
dates are defined as varchar(24) ).

Best Regards,

Luis Rodriguez