John Eberhard wrote:
That documentation is very old and should not be followed. You should be
able to use the standard Java mechanism of putting any required CA
certificates into your local keystore.

Dear Mr. Eberhard, et al:

I passed your entire answer to the contractor, and he reported back:

Thanks for extra information, I followed exactly and here is what I have
right now.

Firstly, the original error is gone, did not see any error which tell me
that Cert path not find.

Secondly, I got another error like this:
java.sql.SQLException: The application requester cannot establish the
connection. (Connection was dropped unexpectedly.)
I think server might closed the connection somehow, any idea why this

I checked the QSQSRVR job joblogs on the AS/400 in question, and the QEZDEBUG and QEZJOBLOG output queues, and I don't see anything that appears relevant, but then again, I don't know what to look for.