I had not heard of this one, this one looks pretty nice.
Does it work with BMRS??
Make sure it supports ALT-IPL.
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Hart, Doug - EI <Doug.Hart@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about this device? It sits on the host fiber
and looks like a tape library then passes the save out to SAN.
Can you really do "bare metal restores" (D IPL) from it?
Storage Director for the IBM i and Power Systems Environments
* Significantly reduces IBM i backup windows
* Increases data reliability of Backup and Restore
* Runs under all na7ve applica7ons (BRMS, MMS, Savlib) and u7li7es running
* Requires no changes to exis7ng backup procedures
* Supports iOS V5R3 to V7R1 and VIOS, Linux, AIX
* Connects to the IBM i via standard internal Fibre Channel cards
* Seen by the IBM i as an actual IBM 3584 Tape Library with any version
LTO tape drive
* Auto‐configures as na7ve IBM technology to the IBM i, allowing Storage
to func7on exactly as an IBM 3584 would, including bare metal restore on
an IBM i
* High‐performance backup and restore (over 1.4 GB/sec)
* Supports mul7ple LPARS and data streams
* Supports any physical tape library technology: IBM, Quantum, Oracle/STK,
* Writes physical tape in IBM i na7ve format (restore without Storage
* Achieves data compression rates in cache of 4X to 15X (hardware
* Allows akachment of newer technologies to the IBM i, such as LTO5 and
* Data at rest can be AES 256 Encrypton capable and compliant (cache
* Enhanced WAN replicaton capability to electronically move data to remote
locatons, either to
another Storage Director or to a remotely managed physical tape library
More here: http://tinyurl.com/8j8ukxw
Good links at the bottom of the very long page.
I love this stuff. Today my 't's are coming out '7's.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments and/or
linked documents, is intended for the sole use of the intended addressee
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary,
or otherwise protected by law. Any unauthorized review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please contact the original sender immediately by
reply email and destroy all copies of the original message and any
attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of ITT Corporation.
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives