On 2012/10/8 1:22 PM, Matt Olson wrote:
Seems like a silly option to have when *UNREF should be the default.
Why allocate something if it is never referenced?

Note that *NOUNREF is the one that causes variables not to be allocated if they are unreferenced. *UNREF _is_ the silly default.

I don't know why unreferenced variables were defined into the program object in the first place. It might have been ok for us to just stop putting them into the program object when we made the change to add *NOUNREF, but there were a couple of compatibility scenarios, albeit extremely far-fetched.