Re: Files declared at the procedure level

fixed

On 2012-10-03, at 6:56 PM, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

If I have the same file declared as a global are they both using different file paths? What I mean is can I position the global file at say record 10 which has an I'd of say 100 and use the procedure to
Loop through the same file without changing the record position at the global level?

Yes they are. But be aware that the file in the subproc will be closed on return unless you add the static keyword to its definition. Then you have to find a way to close the file at some point - maybe call the subproc with no parms.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com