And be aware that the SHARE parameter is not a file-level spec, but a member-level specification. The SHARE specification on CRTPF applies only to the member that is optionally created with that command [i.e. for other than MBR(*NONE)]. Thus the SHARE parameter is also on the ADDPFM command, and the share attribute can be established separately for each member; or reset by CHGPFM. Unlike some other attributes of a database file [e.g. SIZE], the share-specification is not adopted from the like-named attribute of the database *FILE [in]to which the member is added.

Regards, Chuck