Re: confusion with logical files and crtdupobj

fixed

Hi John -

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:45:26 -0400, John Yeung
<gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If it were up to me, I would make CRTDUPOBJ on a LF always, always,
always pick up the original PF, no matter what, under any
circumstances whatsoever.

Well then, I'm glad it's not up to you! <G>

I like the way it behaves. That makes it easy to create a duplicate
set of files by CRTDUPOBJing the physical followed by the logicals. I
have a CRTDUPFSET command which does just that (primarily for making a
copy of a physical and its logicals in QTEMP). It throws an error if
it encounters a logical that is not in the same library as the
physical.

The only thing that makes sense to me would be to have an additional
parameter on the CRTDUPOBJ command to control the behavior. The
default would be to behave as it does now, with additional values to
force it to stay with the original PF and to force it to switch to a
PF in the new library. And/or maybe a way to explicitly specify the
PF.

Ken