Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 3:02 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: confusion with logical files and crtdupobj

Library(PRODUCTION) FILE(MYFILE) Physical File
Library(PRODUCTION) FILE(MYFILELF) Logical File
Library(PRODCUST) FILE(MYFILEL1) Logical File

Now I create a new library QATEST

CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(MYFILE) FROMLIB(PRODUCTION) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(QATEST) DATA(*YES)
CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(MYFILELF) FROMLIB(PRODUCTION) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(QATEST)
CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(MYFILEL1) FROMLIB(PRODCUST) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(QATEST)

When I look at the logicals that are now in QATEST.
MYFILELF is attached to MYFILE in QATEST,
MYFILEL1 in QATEST is attached to MYFILE in PRODUCTION. ----- I need this to be attached to the physical in QATEST

The source isn't qualified. QATEST is at the top of my library list.

I feel like I'm missing something that's staring my right in the face.

What am I missing?

Mike
NOTICE: This message, including any attachment, is intended as a confidential and privileged communication. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.