1) Is dev/test/prod on same LPAR? No
2) Is dev/test/prod on same box? No
3) How frequently are promotions from dev to test allowed? D.
a. No restrictions
Multiple testing steps. DEV to Unit Test (Developer's discretion) then System Integration Test (managed - daily) then Customer Test (managed - monthly/daily) then Production Model (managed - monthly) then PRODUCTION (monthly)
4) Does separating DEV from TEST require more time & effort for a given development project? No.
5) What would be some reasons why this is a good idea (besides the auditors told us to)?
Allows for a project to "get out of the way" providing room for subsequent development. More project overlap is achievable.
This communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be subject to legal privileges, and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. Any use, duplication, disclosure or dissemination of this communication, other than by the addressee, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication and all copies.