Victor,

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&dc=DB520&dc=D900&dc=D800&dc=DA900&dc=DA800&q1=QNTC+windows+7+AND+AS400KBXXYYZZRCH&uid=nas15197341657f9f57e86257655005736ff&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=all

Windows 7 changed its default client security policy to use NTLMv2 authentication and has completely disabled the use of LanMan (LM) password encryption. As a result, a case-insensitive password can not be sent from Windows 7. This can make connecting to NetServer more difficult; however, it is a good idea because LanMan password encryption can be easily deciphered using any number of easily obtainable programs.