QNTC and Windows 7 Shares

fixed

I recently upgraded a PC from XP to Windows 7. While running XP, the PC had
a shared folder that was visible from QNTC on the iSeries. About every
quarter we copied a variety of data from the iSeries to this shared folder.
This has been working for years.

After the upgrade to Windows 7, I recreated the shared folder and gave
everyone rights to read and write to it. When I look under QNTC I can see
the Windows 7 PC, but no shared folders appear. When I try and add a link
to the folder I get an error that I'm not authorized.

I should mention that the user id and password on the Windows 7 machine are
the same as they were on XP. I've read some material online that says the
windows userid/password must match one on the iSeries. Under XP this was
never the case. Is there additional checking under Windows 7?

Also, we do not have a Windows server here. It's a small shop and
everything is peer-to-peer. No domain controller or active directory.

Other than the CPFA09C error message on the iSeries, I see no other error
messages. The event logs on the Windows 7 machine show no entries during
the time I run the MKDIR command on the iSeries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Vic