No, it's easier, since you only have to do one upgrade. You'll have to read both memo to users anyway, so just do them both in advance. ANZOBJCVN should be the only big hurdle, though I guess there are some shops with a lot of SQL that could be an issue as mentioned earlier.
Sean Porterfield

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Sallee
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 14:57
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Budgeting to replace V5R4

While this topic is active, I would like to ask: Is it any harder to go from V5R4 to V7R1 then going from V5R4 to V6R1 first and then to V7R1?
Just wondering because we will probably just skip V6R1.

Chuck Sallee
CIS Manager
Lexington Division of Police
csallee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:csallee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

IBM i on Power - For when you can't afford to be out of business.

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.