RE: Budgeting to replace V5R4

fixed

From: Gqcy

Are there people that are stuck on
V5R4 (hope not, end of life was 1/27/2009) due to vendor not supporting 6.1?
Any other reasons, other than budgetary?

1/27/2009 was the announcement of end of marketing, not an end of life date.

Lack of time is the biggest problem we have. Hopefully we'll get through our ANZOBJCVN reports next month, then it's directly to 7.1. I think everything major has been upgraded, but last time we glanced at the reports, there were leftover objects that failed. Most will probably be unused from old versions of software packages, but we still have to go through all of them to verify.

Some of the objects that remain are due to mirroring from system A to B then swapping, and now we mirror from B to A. It's always fun comparing the systems to see what should have been mirrored or not. (Is it left behind after a delete on system A previously, or did it fail to mirror from B to A? etc...)
--
Sean Porterfield

This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender immediately and delete this email message from your computer as any and all unauthorized distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Thank you.