SSDs and Journalling (was Re: LTO3 SCSI to LTO4 fiber)

fixed

Rob

This is interesting. Do you know why not journalling made the SSDs
perform better ? It sounds counter intuitive:
- What was it about journalling that made the SSDs less valuable ?
- Was it a BPCS thing ?
- Do you journal the IFS and was that a factor ?

I'm not doubting your word, just intensely curious as I have a couple
of BPCS customers who are also journalling considering SSDs.

a valid check. After all, I was gung ho for SSD's after seeing their
effect with our data in Rochester only to be dismayed by the actuallity.
There, the difference was that we didn't journal in Rochester and adding
the HA Journal Performance option back at home was a far better bang for
the buck.