Re: Must I use OPNQRYF

fixed

Hmmm... I didn't think about using SPECIAL files. I guess that makes sense, but... wouldn't OPNQRYF have been easier, both to code and understand?

On 2/21/2012 9:34 AM, James Horn wrote:
I had some big level break programs I didn't want to change. I used a
"special file" to use sql to return the records to the main program. works
great for me. Only needed to change 1 line in the program, the file spec,
and build a little rpg program to do what the opnqryf (or gsort or #gsort)
did before.