<snip>
May be true, but I'd argue that if the OP could take the time to learn it
they would not see it as throw away knowledge for this one project and would
soon be using it on a host of other stuff.
</snip>

Which is often the case with me. I am so used to use RLA to access files
that oftentimes, after I get a program in production, I wind up smacking
myself upside the head, "Wow, I coulda done that with SQL; and probably
better." I wasn't all that great with RLA either until I kept digging.

Too often we (meaning "I") use the tools which we are used to whether it's
RLA, OPNQRYF, Query or whatever, because there's always time crunch. I've
got to get out of that mode; it's mostly self-imposed, anyway.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Luck is the residue of design. -Branch Rickey
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN

Group Dekko