Jim,

BTW:  My MacBook Air runs an i7 processor from Intel.  Runs OSX, XP, and
Win7 flawlessly.  I'm still a bit new to the OSX platform but what I do
see of it I am quite impressed with how it works and runs.  Boot in 10
seconds is kinda nice too.....

I second this. I got a Macbook Air three months ago and love it. I
upgraded the SSD to the 6G model from
http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Aura_Pro_Express and the speed
compared to my previous Lenovo laptop is astounding. Not to mention
the weight and battery life. It is sooo nice to travel with. Just
did two different 5 hour flights the last few days and could use the
thing the entire flight, and easily slip into the seat magazine flap
during takeoff and landing.