Jim:

Can you explain a bit more how this would happen. That is running the MS
WINDOWS SERVER on the P7 processor. Ignoring demand at the moment.

Thomas

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

IBM can already run any MS Windows Server/Workstation version directly
on the P7 processor, it's not a technical issue. It's a
customer/demand issue _and_ if Microsoft would support such an
arrangement. Microsoft has flatly rejected supporting Windows Server on
P7 platforms, no discussion. They won't do it. The second and more
important issue is one of customer demand. Not nearly enough customers
have stepped up to demand that functionality from IBM and/or
Microsoft. I suspect if there was sufficient customer demand for
Windows Server on P7 equipment Microsoft would alter its policy and IBM
would do it. Until then we live with Intel/AMD chip sets.

BTW: My MacBook Air runs an i7 processor from Intel. Runs OSX, XP, and
Win7 flawlessly. I'm still a bit new to the OSX platform but what I do
see of it I am quite impressed with how it works and runs. Boot in 10
seconds is kinda nice too.....

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects