From: Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Dec 23, 2011 1:27 pm
Subject: Re: How to print an IFS file from a batch pgm

Hello,
Hi Folks, Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Holidays!
Anything new in V6R1 to do that?
The ability to wish a merry christmas has been around since V2R1! :-)
Seriously, though...
QShell's 'pr' utility doesn't print anything -- it just formats a text
ile into pages with page numbers and headings. You probably want
Shell's 'Rfile' command, which can direct the output to a printer. You
ould use that with 'pr' together to make a nice printout.
All of that assumes that your data is a text file. Please do remember
hat "IFS file" is very, very unspecific. IFS includes out physical,
ogical, and save files... not to mention that it includes stream files
ormatted as sounds, images, videos, and oodles of different document
ormats (Word, Excel, PDF, HTML, XML... I'm just scratching the surface.)
So it'd be helpful if you told us the specific type of file. Saying
omething like "How do I print a text file?" or "How do I print a PDF?"
hat lets us give you much better answers without having to make
ssumptions.
Good luck
-
his is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list
o post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
o subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
isit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l
r email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
efore posting, please take a moment to review the archives
t http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.