VTL = Virtual Tape Library?

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

The easy way to do this is to use a VTL locally, that also has the
replication built in. Put the secondary VTL in your favorite DR
center. I use Crossroads SPHiNX for these type of set ups. BRMS backs
up the SPHiNX, and the SPHiNX automatically replicates to the remote
site. Network traffic is manageable in that environment. The remote
cuts the archive tapes etc as needed. From the restore/back up
perspective 100% IBM native commands. SPHiNX also handles Window/Unix
as well.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects