From: "Dan Kimmel" <dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/25/2010 06:54 PM
Subject: RE: Subversion and RPG source change management

I'm wondering if symlinks in an IFS directory that is the working copy
directory would work where the symlinks are to source files in a
library.

Say the IFS (probably QOpenSys) directory was named workingCopy it would
contain the following symlinks

qrpglesrc = /qsys.lib/wclibrary.lib/qrpglesrc.file
qcllesrc = /qsys.lib/wclibrary.lib/qcllesrc.file
qclesrc = /qsys.lib/wclibrary.lib/qclesrc.file

Then the adapted svn client need only be an AIX SVN client with the
additional function to create the corresponding library on the checkout
command and create the files that correspond to all the subdirectories
within the path. It would have to check the directory structure during
the checkout and only allow checkout when compliant. update and switch
and commit would work without (much) additional change.