One other thing to consider. Make sure you go into the BRMS System and/or Back up policies and get those properly set up. Often times I find folks that are not backing up significant portions of the system due to some of the defaults in the policies. Also the IPL settings in the policies and if you modify them the control group, can have a significant effect on the way the system shuts down for a restricted state save.

Rather than have the *EXIT in the back up control group, to shut down IP, it would be better go get to the root cause of why the TCP jobs are not ending properly. It is my contention that while this approach may very well work, it is a band aid that will eventually come back to cause troubles. I would reopen the PMR and get the TCP guys on it to find out what's really going on.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC