Kirk,

My arguments would be (if your client has enough space on their DASD):

1) DASD will be, IMHO, always faster than a DVD drive.
2) The amount of time you need for a:) checking the messages, b:) changing
DVDs, and c.) responding the message (not to mention the time needed for the
DVD drive to load the disk) must be bigger than the needed for the system
to change "virtual" disk images.

and 3) The possibility of loading the wrong DVD is almost nil (giving you
more time for that nap :-) )

HTH,

Luis Rodriguez