So when you refer to changing the JOBD or PRTF, that you need to
override
the print to another job queue?
Then there is no way to suppress error printing with QSH in batch using
QSH?

I made an assumption that may have been incorrect based upon settings at my
previous client. All of my QSH CMD('do_something') usages created job logs
(as I remember it). It was because my default JOBD was set to LOG(4 0
*SECLVL). Changing that parameter on my default job description solved the
problem. Had I been unable to change that JOBD, I might have used a
different JOBD (set in CHGPRF). This may not be the issue you are trying to
resolve.

If you just want to suppress error printing (which I do not recommend), then
you can pipe your errors to /dev/null. For example:

QSH CMD('my_command 2>/dev/null')

Having said that, please print the messages and resolve them instead. If
you ignore errors blindly (and in fact don't have a way to know that they
occurred), you're creating troubleshooting problems for yourself.

I just spent several hours trying to figure out why the WRKSPGREF command
supplied by System i Network was looping after I had changed it to meet a
naming standard. The dang thing was looping and I couldn't figure out why.
Turned out that, since I had neglected to rename the record in one of the
panel groups, the write was failing... so the read was failing, and the way
the program was written, it refreshed by default. There were about fifty (a
reasonable guess) API calls, each of which specified an error structure as
one of the parameters. Two of those calls had error checking. Maybe three.
<soapbox indignance="max">I probably won't make a lot of friends by saying
it, but there is absolutely no excuse for that sort of coding. Test for
errors. React if something is wrong. Don't just trust that "everything
gonna be aw rye."</soapbox>

Dennis Lovelady
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
-- Mark Twain