You can control QSH output with the QIBM_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT environment
variable.

Or if you prefer, to log the messages you might do something like this:

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT) +
VALUE(FILEAPPEND=/var/log/tomslog.txt) +
REPLACE(*YES)
QSH CMD(...my-cmd...)

In that case, it writes the messages to a file, which might be useful
for troubleshooting.

I had not heard of this (or had forgotten), Scott. Sounds great. But I did
try it just now on a V5R3 system, and no file was created. My file happened
to be /home/Lovelady/logs/qshlog.txt (and all directories exist, and
permissions are set, yada yada). This was a new session (had not used QSH
yet), and I entered and exited QSH several times thereafter. But the file
doesn't seem to be created.

ADDENVVAR QIBM_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT
VALUE('FILEAPPEND=/home/lovelady/logs/qshlog.txt') LEVEL(*SYS) REPLACE(*YES)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Dennis Lovelady
"Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have
rushed through life trying to save."
-- Will Rogers