that sound have been big int not bug int.

Charles

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chuck,

Yeah my preference would be to use the MI function, but I need this
quick & dirty on a production system.  So putting together an ILE RPG
program to use as an external stored procedure is out.

ILE CL might be an option, I'll have to see about REXX, not sure if I
can use it or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the REXX source you provided a link too
handles a 8 byte hex string --> 4 byte integer correct?

I don't suppose you could tell me what I'd need to change to handle a
16 byte hex string --> 8 byte bug int could you? :)

Otherwise, I need to learn REXX quickly! :)

Thanks again,
Charles Wilt