David,

First rule of business, it doesn't matter how much you've already
spent, the only question is how much more are you going to spend for
what you're going to get.

How much do the problems with your home grown tool cost you?
Does it support IFS objects like Java or HTML source, how much to add that?
Can you spend less and get more by buying a vendor package?

Charles