On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 5:30 AM, CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Regards, Chuck

Charles Wilt wrote:

Yeah my preference would be to use the MI function, but I need
this quick & dirty on a production system. So putting together an
ILE RPG program to use as an external stored procedure is out.

  And a q&d MI program as external UDF would be better how?
Barbara gave information on making RPG utilize the 'cvtch' MI
instruction.  That could be used as a basis for an external UDF.

It's better because I don't have an RPG compiler on the production
box, getting an RPG program placed into production quickly requires
that somebody be dying.

CL (and I assume REXX ) I can create on production as they are
considered scripts and are not part of 5722WDS.

A technically....but I didn't make the rules and nobody wants to hear
what I think of them anyways!

Charles