I wonder how many of us suddenly had a mental image of our boss doing that
very same thing? Here's hoping you get to start your vacation on time.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: JUMPING THE GUN, Re: Hooking up and starting a 520

I wasn't expecting the boss to even attempt a power-up until I was back
from my vacation.

And I thought I'd told him that every relevant manual explicitly said
not to even plug the power in until the LAN Console was hooked-up and

Then I saw the power cord plugged in, and my blood pressure probably hit

What should we be prepared to find, at this point? Exactly what sort of
"bad things" can happen if you plug in the power first?