From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 3:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: JUMPING THE GUN, Re: Hooking up and starting a 520

I wasn't expecting the boss to even attempt a power-up until I was back
from my vacation.

And I thought I'd told him that every relevant manual explicitly said
not to even plug the power in until the LAN Console was hooked-up and
waiting.

Then I saw the power cord plugged in, and my blood pressure probably hit
200/150.

What should we be prepared to find, at this point? Exactly what sort of
"bad things" can happen if you plug in the power first?