You need to pass numeric parameters as hex. Your call will look like...

Call pgm1 (X'0000087F')

The rules with hex values is the last position must end in F. The amount of
positions between the single quotes (including the F) must be an even
amount. For instance, if your parameter was defined as 2,0 and you wanted
to pass the value of 99, the hex value will look like...
X'099F' = 99 for the 2,0 parameter value and an extra 0 to make the amount
of positions between the quotes an even amount.

Hope this helps
Lloyd Bailey
Office: (631) 244-2165
Cell: (631) 445-5344
Fax: (631) 200-6113

m> To
Sent by: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
midrange-l-bounce cc
calling programs with parameters
09/01/2009 11:04 from the command line

Please respond to
Midrange Systems

To all

As you cal tell from this question I'm new to the 400/iSeries environment.

I want to call a program (pgm1) with one parameter (PRM01) from the command

The parameter is 7,0 in the program and the value I want to pass is 87

I think the command line entry is:

Call pgm1 (0000087)

Obviously this is wrong because the program abends on a data error when I
use the above instruction format.

What should the command line entry look like?

Roy Luce

Systems Plus - Midwest

Direct: 847-540-9635

800-913-PLUS (7587)