Have implemented a basic setup of EIM, Windows (2003, XP) and i5/OS (V6R1). This works fine but I have a question about a certain situation when using System i Web Access.

If we have a user that uses EIM when logged onto the LAN and then he wants to access the System i using System i Web Access from his home PC or any internet cafe how will he be able to logon? He won't know his System i password anymore as he uses EIM and he has more than likely changed his Windows password and as the passwords aren't synced he won't know the System i password. Or he could have LCLPWDMGT value set to *NO. But this would really stop him logging on locally. Or if we still have people allowed to change their System i password like they did in the past this will only confuse people as they think they need to manage 2 passwords when they don't really.

I don't know how to work around this scenario which we have encountered.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Nathan
AWH