Hello...

I guess I have the same problem with the question that Tom cites. I understand that you want to retrieve the IP address of something -- but... of what? I know, the IP address "of a TCP/IP interface" -- but how could you possibly specify *which* TCP/IP interface? If I wanted to write a program that looked up the IP address for an interface, what would be the input to that program?

There can be many TCP/IP interfaces for a given line description or ethernet card. Normally, you distinguish interfaces based on IP address...

If I can somehow get past that roadblock, then I may be able to answer the question...

Tom Liotta wrote:
Can you describe this more fully? As I look at things, I pretty much think it like "an I/P address _is_ a TCP/IP interface." That is, if you prompt the ADDTCPIFC command, the first key parameter is the IP address.

So, in order to know _which_ interface to obtain the IP address from, you'd supply... the IP address.