John P. Walsh wrote:
My qhst files are out of control and it is much too cumbersome to
delete in green screen with Option 4. Where do I find them in
Navigator and can I select them like pc files to delete a large
number of them?

Not sure about Navigator, but...

On a Windows PC you could just map a drive to the /root and drill down into /QSYS.LIB then use Explorer to click on the first file in the list to delete, then shift-click on the last to delete thus highlighting the subset of the list to act on, then press the delete key and confirm the request. That is, "select them like PC files to delete...."

I prefer deleting by generic name at a command line since the file naming is conducive. Once a naming prefix is determined as eligible to be deleted from the entire list, according to the dates which the files represent, issue requests something like the following to trim the list while leaving a subset of more recently created history files:
DLTF QSYS/QHSTxx*
DLTF QSYS/QHSTxya*
DLTF QSYS/QHSTxyb*
DLTF QSYS/QHSTxyca*
DLTF QSYS/QHSTxycb* /* here, QHSTxycc* & newer remain */

WRKOBJPDM QSYS QHST* *FILE can also be nice to use. As I recall you can position to the bottom and page up to the last file that should be kept, put option 12=work with members on that file but do not press Enter, then reposition to the top of the list, type 4=delete on the first file in the list, then F13 to repeat the option-4. With that action, IIRC, the option-4 for delete file will be repeated up to the file with option-12 specified; reposition there and verify the last repeated 4=delete stops just before that file... and if so, then blank out the 12, and press Enter, optionally review the list of files being confirmed for delete, then press Enter again to confirm [this of course assumes the confirm feature is enabled].

Regards, Chuck