The Query Manager product has long been included as part of the 57xxST1 "SQL Development Kit" which is the SQL [pre-compilers & more] product. The command STRQM comes with installation of the SQL product; as do the HLL SQL pre-compiler function and the command STRSQL.

Rather than using STRQMQRY ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) QMFORM(*QMQRY), try using the following sequence of requests:
ANZQRY, RTVQMQRY ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY), RTVQMFORM ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY), CRTQMQRY xx SRCFILE(), CRTQMFORM xx SRCFILE(), STRQMQRY ALWQRYDFN(*NO) QMQRY(xx) QMFORM(xx)
The first request produces output that may explain why the request specifying both ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) and QMFORM(*QMQRY) does not manifest a /report break/ query report. For example, a query definition with only one break level defined may get exported as a GROUP BY query with a non-break form, versus as a detail query using a form with report breaks. If the retrieved QMQRY source generated a GROUP BY clause, then that clause should be removed to make the query generate non-summarized results. And if the STRQMQRY request did not generate the report break report, a retrieved QMFORM source may need modification to include line(s) that define the report break using BREAKn and its create request delayed until those changes are made.
The Query Management FORM has its own set of /edit code/ definitions that can be applied to report columns [and summaries].

Regards, Chuck

Frances Denoncourt wrote:
We knew we didn't have the full SQL product, so we probably don't
have the full QM product, either.

I guess that also means I can forget about my next question which was
- how to retain the formatting in my query/400 query....like editing
numbers, etc. I tried this: "Use the STRQMQRY command to run query
QRYPURPOSE. Use QMFORM(*QMQRY) and, if you did not create a QMFORM
from QRYDFN QRYPURPOSE, specify ALWQRYDFN(*ONLY) to force use of
formatting information derived from the QRYDFN object." The above did
not work whether I did a retrieve on the form or not....using *Only
or not.... I was going to tackle qmforms today.