John Arnold (MFS) wrote:
Yesterday, I opened a fifth session of the 5250 emulator on my PC to
run some interactive SQL. We have two System i machines in house, production and development. As I monitor and perform data analysis
on both system, I generally keep two sessions of each open (A & B - Development, C&D - Production). For the fifth session (E), I
randomly open one or the other depending upon my need of the moment.

To make a long story short, looking through the history of SQL statements in the fifth session, I noted that there was an
interesting mix of SQL statements from the two different systems.
There are libraries on production that do not exist on development
and vice-versa and there were clear examples of SQL statements
accessing these different libraries in the history.

Where is this information stored? Is it on the PC? How do I get
data from two separate systems in the same session? Inquiring minds
want to know?

Stored in /miscellaneous permanent space/ objects in library QRECOVERY on the system where the job runs. The library QRECOVERY is not part of save\restore, thus it is also not part of DR, so it is unlikely the STRSQL /session objects/ were saved or restored from one system to the other, except by Restore Storage from a Save Storage.
http://www.google.com/search?&q=strsql+qrecovery
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=strsql%20qrecovery

Please note that with DRDA, it is entirely possible that the other library names [on another system] were accessed, by having used CONNECT TO. As well, I have seen similar on my own sessions, but always due to my cut\paste from another session; i.e. even failed statements are saved.

Regards, Chuck