Re: Environments ... big iron & desktop

fixed

David Gibbs wrote:
My productivity increased sufficiently in the office that two
monitors are now standard config for developers in my office (if not
our entire company).

FWIW: I was converted to dual displays WAY (way way) back when I worked for SSA and was on the first pass at a GUI GL system ... we were developing in AS/SET WDK (Workstation Development Kernel) which generated C++ code (more or less).

The debugger we used had specific support to activate a Hercules display adapter on a secondary monitor for text mode debug.

The alternative was to have the debugger switch modes from text to graphics every time the debugger kicked in.

david