What about VPN and a 5250 Client App? I don't consider this a Web App.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:26 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 5250 for iPhone

David,

I think this is confusing because the original question was about 5250 for
the iPhone, and it morphed into a CLI vs iNav argument. My attempt to bring
it back to the original question flopped.

As for iPhone, it ~must~ have the web in order to work with your i. You
cannot plug it into a cable direct to your i - or direct to your network. It
connects using wireless technology to the web, then to your network, then to
your i. Without the web, the iPhone cannot see your i... Hence, 5250 for
iPhone is a web app! :-)

Trevor