We finally realize that we should focus on making and selling wrought
iron and ornamental fence instead of trying to build EDI (electronic
data interchange) systems. (www.montagefence.com

The reason why we are moving our EDI X-12 translator and EDI/AS2 off the
PC is because we have a poorly-designed EDI system that does not scale
to our needs. It has limitations and constraints and no one is
available to do tech support and enhance the system.

It takes too much time each day to do EDI. Although we have only four
trading partners and process just 100 documents daily, Our employee
spends about an hour a day performing the EDI tasks because our custom
EDI package requires so much manual intervention at every step in the
process. This is way, way too much time to spend on EDI.

And to top it off, we cannot add a fifth trading partner unless we find
a C++ programmer to rewrite our EDI software (Administration Panel,
etc.) The original C++ consultant found a job elsewhere and does not
support her software anymore.