From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:10 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: EDI AS2; ( iNovis BizManager) compared to (nuBridges, formerlyTrailblazer)

It's been a decade or so since I was the EDI support person here at Dekko.
Back then, machines were much smaller. Just trying to show a little
perspective. Anyway, we had to start running the purge in EDI on a
regular basis instead of "as needed". Turns out, we didn't have enough
disk space to do a RGZPFM on the one EDI file. Also, we found out the EDI
is extremely string intensive. Which, on ancient hardware, just beat the
snot out of it.
In summary, if you are even remotely planning on upgrading your hardware
and operating system, do so before the installation of the EDI package.
Thus avoiding the "ramming" that you are likely to get from the upgrade
charge. Why buy it twice in the same year?

We have one programmer/analyst who is pretty much full time on EDI
integration with our trading partners. He has one other person that
spends a goodly portion of his time dedicated to the EDI cause also.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

<elehti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
07/23/2008 09:55 AM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: EDI AS2; ( iNovis BizManager) compared to (nuBridges,
formerlyTrailblazer)

We finally realize that we should focus on making and selling wrought
iron and ornamental fence instead of trying to build EDI (electronic
data interchange) systems. (www.montagefence.com
www.ameristarfence.com

The reason why we are moving our EDI X-12 translator and EDI/AS2 off the
PC is because we have a poorly-designed EDI system that does not scale
to our needs. It has limitations and constraints and no one is
available to do tech support and enhance the system.

It takes too much time each day to do EDI. Although we have only four
trading partners and process just 100 documents daily, Our employee
spends about an hour a day performing the EDI tasks because our custom
EDI package requires so much manual intervention at every step in the
process. This is way, way too much time to spend on EDI.

And to top it off, we cannot add a fifth trading partner unless we find
a C++ programmer to rewrite our EDI software (Administration Panel,
etc.) The original C++ consultant found a job elsewhere and does not
support her software anymore.

.

list