Re: SQL on AS400 was(Modernization and multi-member files)

fixed

Frank.Kolmann@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
BUT I do NOT champion SQL on the AS400.
I have bitterly complained about the SQL implementation on the AS400.
Witness in WDSCi the EXTREMELY POWERFUL Outline view DOES NOT CROSS
REFERENCE SQL VARIABLES.(curses profusely @@@@@@) I have forever hated
the SQL PRECOMPILER. When SQL was introduced it was a separately
purchased option, so many AS400 shops did/could not use it.

Frank, I think your primary problem is not with SQL, but with embedded SQL. While I agree that the SQL precompiler is an area that seems always to lag a bit behind everything else, I would suggest that not a lot of other languages support embedded SQL much better.

Joe