Larry Bolhuis wrote:
Aha your clarification agrees with my memory - that the right side cover does need to come off. I remember having to that but not why!

To get at the screws to the front cover.

While heat can be an issue I have one customer with a 150 still running happily with four 4GB drives in it for years - they keep it on the floor in a nice cool computer room. It's used rarely for a few things when their production system is down for backups etc.

A well cooled room always helps.

Heat varies by component drive model. The DCHS (black w/gold ban) and in particular the 8gb drive (2/3 height) gets fairly hot.

I tried running a 6717 and 6718 (via a 7128) but the 150 wouldn't even boot into DST. Maybe a 6714 in a 150 would work. Have you tried this combo ?